Manage the cost-effective construction of assigned capital property asset, monitoring the activities of all related parties associated with the design and delivery of Emaar projects in order to ensure completion within agreed time programme, cost and specification.
- Proactively coordinating projects among projects team including EMAAR Site Staff, Consultants and Contractors
- Assist in preparation of Monthly Management Reports and Monthly Progress Reports
- Updating Company’s Master Schedule as per the Roll Out plan.
- Updating and managing the Electronic Document Management System
- Assist the Senior Manager Projects in the day to day duties of a project’s administration, planning and forecasting, progress reporting and document management.
- Working closely under the guidance and direction of the Senior Manager Projects, learn EMAAR standard systems and methods responsibly for successful execution of the works or section of works
- Assist in planning and reviewing of contract documents, drawings, specifications analysis in order to provide clear, track-able and coordinated interpretations of the design / drawings for construction including co-ordination with internal departments and core teams.
- Act as a liaison with EMAAR core teams and Consultants in expediting drawings and related information for approval and issuance to Contractors.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date progress of works on construction sites, track responses on project management processes.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including as-built drawings, warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Understand all design documentation, drawings, specifications, contract terms and conditions, and any special requirements, including project milestones.
- Check and ensure the completeness of any progress payment claims / IPCs and necessary attachments by any Consultants and Contractors, prior to acquiring approval from Director Projects for further processing.
- Assist in preparation of Taking over Certificates or Final Certificates, as per Contract requirement or appropriate upon acquiring recommendations from the Project Manager and Supervision Consultant, for the approval of Director Projects and further processing.
- Help understand and improve inter-departmental processes for better tracking and ensure procedural checks efficiently in order to reduce time consumed during and through the initiating stage to execution, monitoring and control stage.
- Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
- Assist Senior Manager Projects to review extension of time claims by Contract. Collect and organize facts from Contractors and Consultants.
- Actively reports on project Contracts, Budgets and Personnel to ensure projects are delivered within scope, time & budget.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
Qualifications & Experience (Competencies Required)
- BSc in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/College.
- Minimum 5 years Post Graduate Civil Engineering experience gained preferably in Property Development or Consultancy / Construction environment.
- Minimum of 2 year of Regional / local Civil Engineering experience gained preferably in a Property Development or Consultancy / Construction environment.
- Competencies required are excellent organizational skill, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, materials and construction skills and a good knowledge of the local industry.